Grilled chicken, peaches and avocado
A truly easeful barbecue meal that can be prepared and eaten in minutes.
Photo: Marina Oliphant
Have your say
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 tsp toasted sesame oil
- 1 drop chilli oil (optional)
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 chicken breast, remove skin
- 2 ripe peaches cut into 8 segments each
- 1/4 Chinese cabbage, shredded
- 1/2 avocado, cut into fine slices
- 2 tbsp finely sliced mint
- 2 tbsp roughly chopped coriander
- 2 tbsp roasted peanuts, roughly chopped
Whisk together lime juice, vinegar, 1 tsp sesame oil, chilli oil and a pinch of sea salt and set this dressing aside.
Take a griddle pan and heat on a medium flame, add 1 tsp of sesame oil and grill the chicken breast for 3 to 4 minutes on each side or until cooked. Slice and set aside in a salad bowl.
Grill the peaches for 2 minutes on each side and add to the grilled chicken.
Now add the cabbage, avocado, mint, coriander and peanuts to the bowl together with the dressing. Toss the salad ingredients well and adjust the seasoning and serve at room temperature.