Make the most of figs. Photo: Marina Oliphant
- 4 duck breasts
- 6 fresh figs
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp pomegranate molasses
- 1 cup salad leaves such as watercress, rocket, radicchio or baby frisee
Salt duck breasts and cook skin side down in a medium-hot grill pan for seven minutes, or until golden brown and crisp. Turn the heat down a little, turn breasts over and cook a further seven minutes covered with a lid.
Remove from heat and allow to rest in a warm place.
Cut figs in half and grill for a minute until browned.
Meanwhile make a dressing with the oil, vinegar and pomegranate molasses. Toss the salad leaves in the dressing and season with salt and pepper.
To serve: Slice the duck breasts and arrange on the salad leaves with the figs. Drizzle with a little dressing and serve.
- Main Ingredients - Duck
- Course - Starter/Entree, Side Dish, Main-course, Lunch
- Occasion - Midweek dinner, Barbecue, Australia Day, Family meals