- 175 g (1/2 cup) honey
- 60 g (1/4 cup) Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley leaves
- 1.8 kg (4 lb) chicken, cut into 10 serving pieces
1. Put the honey, mustard, oil, white wine vinegar, garlic, parsley and 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper in a large, non-metallic bowl.
2. Mix it all together well, and put aside 60 ml (1/4 cup) of the marinade to baste the chicken during cooking.
3. Preheat a covered or kettle barbecue to medium indirect heat and cook the chicken pieces for 20-30 minutes, or until they are cooked through. The breast pieces may take as little as 15 minutes, while dark meat will take longer. Baste the chicken with the reserved marinade during the last 5-8 minutes of cooking, but no earlier or it is likely to burn. The chicken is delicious served on a bed of spring onion mash.
- Main Ingredients - Chicken
- Course - Main-course
- Occasion - Barbecue, Children's Party