Photo: WILLIAM MEPPEM
- 3 tbsp chilli paste
- 4 kaffir lime leaves
- 2 vine-ripened tomatoes, cut into eight wedges
- 2 long red chillies, cut in half lengthways and deseeded
- 4 wild green chillies, bruised
- 2 stalks lemongrass, tough outer leaves removed, bruised and cut into 4cm lengths
- 2 slices galangal, bruised 750ml
- fresh chicken stock
- 12 green (raw) king prawns, peeled and deveined with tails intact
- 10 baby green beans, trimmed
- 3 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp grated palm sugar
- 2 tbsp tamarind water juice of 1 lime
Place the chilli paste, lime leaves, tomato, red chilli, wild green chilli, lemongrass, galangal and stock in a saucepan over a medium-high heat and bring to the boil.
Add the prawns, green beans, fish sauce and palm sugar. Stir and cook for 1 minute.
Remove from the heat.
Add the tamarind water and lime juice when the liquid has stopped boiling, and adjust the seasoning, if necessary.
Spoon into large bowls to serve.