Photo: Marina Oliphant
- Title:For the dressing
- 2 tsp castor sugar
- 1 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1 tbsp Chinese cooking wine
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 2 small red chillies, deseeded and diced
- Title:For the salad
- 125g soba noodles
- 100g snow peas
- ½ red capsicum, finely diced
- 1 carrot, shredded
- 2 Lebanese cucumbers, thinly sliced
- 4 red shallots, thinly sliced
- 2-3 tbsp coriander, chopped
- 1 tbsp Vietnamese mint (optional), chopped
- 250g firm silken tofu
- fried shallots, to serve
For the dressing
Mix the ingredients together, ensuring the castor sugar dissolves. Set aside.
For the salad
Cook the noodles in plenty of boiling water for 6 to 8 minutes and refresh under cold running water.
Boil the snow peas for 2 minutes, refresh under cold running water and slice thinly.
Place the noodles and snow peas in a large bowl, then add the capsicum, carrot, cucumber, shallots, coriander and Vietnamese mint (if using). Toss gently, add the dressing, and pile onto a platter. Dice tofu, scatter over the top and sprinkle fried shallots over.Serve immediately.
- Main Ingredients - Tofu/Beancurd
- Cuisine - Japanese