Photo: Marina Oliphant
- 1 cup yoghurt
- pinch saffron
- 3 tbsp almonds, coarsely ground
- 1 kg diced lamb
- 2 tbsp ghee
- 2 onions, peeled and sliced
- 375g bottle Rogan Josh Curry simmer sauce
- 1 bunch fresh spinach
- juice of half a lemon
- 1 cup water
· Mix yoghurt with saffron and almonds. Add lamb and marinate for 2 hours (or overnight) in the fridge.
· Heat ghee in a large frying pan and cook onions a few minutes until softened.
· Add lamb and marinade to the pan. Add curry sauce and simmer, covered, for 1 1/2 hours until lamb is tender. Add water if needed.
· Meanwhile, clean and wash spinach leaves. Cook spinach in a large pan over a medium heat for 5 minutes, until wilted. Remove from heat and drain. Chop finely and set aside.
· When lamb is tender, add spinach and lemon juice. Cook for a further 5 minutes.
Serve with rice and pappadums.
- Main Ingredients - Lamb
- Cuisine - Indian
- Course - Main-course