- 250 g (1 cup) plain Greek-style yoghurt
- 2 teaspoons soft brown sugar
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 3 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 7 g (1/4 cup) chopped flat-leaf (Italian) parsley
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) lemon juice
- 1 x 1.8 kg (4 lb) chicken, cut into 10 serving pieces cooking oil spray
1. Put the yoghurt, brown sugar, garlic, cumin, coriander, chopped parsley and lemon juice in a large nonmetallic bowl and mix them together.
2. Lightly spray the barbecue plates with oil, then preheat the barbecue to medium direct heat. Take the chicken pieces out of the marinade and season them with salt and pepper. Cook the chicken pieces on the flat plate, turning them frequently, for 20-30 minutes, or until they are cooked through. If you have a barbecue with a lid, cover the barbecue while the chicken is cooking. This way, the breast pieces will take only 15 minutes to cook, while the pieces on the bone will take about 10 minutes longer.
- Main Ingredients - Chicken
- Cuisine - Lebanese
- Course - Main-course
- Occasion - Barbecue