Lemon crusted lamb rack, roasted vegetables
Lemon and salt are natural flavourings with lamb. Use them to make a crust on a lamb leg or rump or rub on the inside of a boned-out piece of lamb shoulder.
Photo: Marco del Grande
Have your say
- Vegetable oil
- 2 lamb racks, each with 8 ribs, trimmed
- 4 lemons, grated and juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp sea salt
- 1 tsp freshly ground white pepper
- 8 medium kipfler potatoes, boiled and cut in half lengthways
- 12 baby purple carrots, peeled
- Olive oil
- 2 large handfuls green beans, trimmed
Heat oven to 200C. Heat oil in a pan and brown lamb on both sides. Mix grated lemon, salt and pepper and push mixture onto fat side of lamb racks. Place on a baking tray and bake for 15 minutes.
Remove and rest in a warm place for 15 minutes. Meanwhile, put potatoes flesh side down in a baking tray. Add carrots and drizzle with olive oil. Season and bake 25 minutes.
Cook beans in boiling, salted water for five minutes. Drain and toss with roast vegetables and lemon juice, serve with carved lamb.