A one pot wonder ... Lentil and sweet potato curry. Photo: Natalie Boog
- 100ml olive oil
- 2 spanish onions, finely sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, finely sliced
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger, finely chopped or grated
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground white pepper
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 6 cardamom pods
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- 1 small eggplant, peeled, cut into small cubes and salted for 30 minutes
- 1 cup red lentils
- 1 small sweet potato, peeled and cut into small cubes
- 1 litre water
- 1 head broccoli, cut into small florets
- 2 handfuls baby spinach
- 1 handful coriander leaves
Heat olive oil in a saucepan and cook seasoned onions, garlic and ginger until soft - about 15 minutes.
Add spices and cook 2 minutes. Wash and drain eggplant, add to onions and cook 5 minutes. Add lentils, sweet potato and water and simmer gently until cooked - about 20 minutes. Add broccoli and simmer 5 minutes. Stir through baby spinach.
Serve with coriander, natural yoghurt and your favourite chutney.
- Main Ingredients - Lentils
- Cuisine - Indian
- Course - Main-course