Photo: Marina Oliphant
- 1 1/2 cups green lentils - preferably the
- Australian small green lentils
- 6 tbsp pine nuts, toasted
- 1 cup coriander leaves
- salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp sherry vinegar (or a good white wine vinegar)
- 5 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 preserved lemons, rinsed and finely chopped
- 1 shallot, finely diced or 2 spring onions, finely sliced
Rinse lentils in cold water and cook in plenty of boiling water until just-tender, about 10-15 minutes. Drain and rinse until no longer hot but still warm. Put into a bowl and combine with the rest of the ingredients and season to taste.
This salad is best after 10 minutes or so as the flavours develop.
- Main Ingredients - Lentils, Lemon