Photo: Edwina Pickles
- Rock salt
- 3 bunches of basil, washed and dried
- 2 garlic cloves
- 40g pinenuts
- 2 walnuts
- 100ml extra virgin olive oil
- 600g linguine
- 6 small-medium washed potatoes, quartered
- 100g green beans
- 50g parmesan, finely grated
Boil plenty of water in a large pot and add 10g of rock salt when the water is boiling.
Meanwhile, put the basil, garlic, pinenuts, walnuts and a pinch of salt into a food processor, whiz to a fine paste and transfer paste to a steel mixing bowl. Add the oil a little at a time and gently mix until ingredients combine to a creamy consistency.
Add a half tbsp of boiling water to the pesto. Set aside.
Add the pasta, potatoes and beans to the boiling water and cook until pasta is al dente.
When pasta is ready, strain and pour pasta, beans and potatoes into the mixing bowl with the pesto sauce.
Add parmesan, mix through and serve.
- Main Ingredients - Pasta, Potato
- Cuisine - Italian
- Course - Lunch, Main-course