- 2 small green lobster tails (or 1 large)
- Sea salt and black pepper
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 60g fine green beans
- 3 ripe red tomatoes
- 2 tbsp truffle oil or extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp salted capers, rinsed
- 1 tsp lemon zest, finely grated
- Handful of baby rocket leaves or mache
- 1/2 red onion, finely sliced
- 3 tbsp small basil leaves
- Truffle oil or extra virgin olive oil for serving
- 1 lemon, quartered
Preheat oven to 220C. Split the tails in half lengthwise with a cleaver and season with salt and pepper.
Heat olive oil in a heavy frying pan and place the lobster tails cut-side down. Sear over high heat for 2 minutes or until coloured, then place cut-side up in the oven and roast for 10-15 mins or until the lobster meat is no longer glassy.
Cook the green beans in simmering salted water for 4 mins until tender, drain and run under cold water to cool. Roughly chop the tomatoes.
In a large bowl, lightly mix the truffle or extra virgin olive oil, lemon juice, mustard, capers, lemon zest and rocket or mache.
Seaon with sea salt and pepper. Add the tomatoes, green beans, onion and basil leaves and lightly toss.
Divide between two dinner plates, arrange lobster on top and drizzle with oil. Serve with lemon quarters for squeezing.
This recipes is featured in the book, Summer is available now in all good bookstores RRP $34.95. To order direct call 1300 656 059 or visit www.smh.com.au/store
- Main Ingredients - Fish, Shellfish
- Course - Main-course