- 10-15 loquats (depending on size), peeled, seeded and sliced
- 80mL brandy
- Caster sugar, to taste
- 60g soft butter
- 1/2 cup (100g) firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/2 cup (60g) ground almonds
- 1/2 cup (60g) chopped walnuts
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- thickened cream, to serve
Combine loquats, brandy and sugar to taste and divide among four 1-cup ovenproof dishes.
For topping, beat butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy, add egg yolk and beat until well combined. Add almonds, walnuts and cinnamon and mix well. Spoon mixture over loquats to cover, place dishes on an oven tray and bake at 160 C for 30 minutes or until topping is golden and loquats are tender.
Serve warm with thick cream.
- Course - Dessert