This is a variation on the recipe used by Luke Mangan's mother for ice-cream pudding. Photo: Steven Siewert
* These can be made up to a week ahead.
1L good-quality vanilla ice-cream
35g well-toasted slivered almonds
50g chopped red and green maraschino cherries (or glace)
35g chopped dried mango
2 tbsp mixed peel
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
1/2 tsp ground ginger
1 tbsp Irish cream liqueur
1 tbsp Cointreau
100g dark chocolate, melted
1. Place the ice-cream into a large bowl and chop coarsely.
2. Add the almonds, fruit, spices and liqueurs and mix gently until combined.
3. Spoon the mixture into six moulds (3/4 cup or 180ml capacity) and level the tops. Cover and freeze overnight or until firm.
4. Dip the base of the moulds in warm water for a few seconds and run a butter knife around the edges.
5. Invert the moulds on to serving plates and spoon melted chocolate over. Decorate, if desired, and serve immediately.
- Main Ingredients - Nuts, Mango, Chocolate
- Course - Dessert
- Occasion - Christmas, Dinner Party