Photo: Natalie Boog
- 1 1/2 cups (330g) caster sugar
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp rosewater
- 30 lychees, peeled
- 300g strawberries, hulled and sliced
- 300g mascarpone
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp icing sugar, sifted
- 100g shelled pistachios, toasted and chopped
Place sugar and water in a saucepan and stir over medium heat until sugar dissolves, then bring to the boil and simmer for 5 minutes. Remove from heat and cool to room temperature, then stir in lemon juice and rosewater. Combine lychees and strawberries in a large bowl, pour sugar syrup over and toss gently.
Combine mascarpone, vanilla and icing sugar and beat with a wooden spoon until thick.
Divide fruit mixture among 6 glasses, drizzle with syrup, sprinkle with pistachios and top with a scoop of mascarpone.
- Cuisine - Modern Australian
- Course - Dessert