- 1 cup macaroni, cooked (makes about 2.5 cups cooked)
- 250g tub ricotta
- 2 eggs
- 10 baby spinach leaves, roughly chopped
- 1 cup grated sweet potato
- 1 rasher bacon, finely diced (Omit if you want a vegetarian option)
- 2 sprigs continental parsley, chopped
- small sprig oregano, finely chopped
- 1 cup shredded tasty cheese
- 3 tb grated parmesan cheese
After cooking the pasta, preheat oven to 200 degrees celsius. Mix in a bowl with all the ingredients, adding in the order listed above.
Pour into greased baking tin and bake and press into the edges of the pan and compact on top. Bake for 30 minutes.
Allow to cool for 10 minutes before turning out, cutting up and serving.
This is in my daughter's school lunchbox today and the little frills and I will have it with fruit for lunch - easy peasy and a great change from sandwiches!
Melissa Klemke is a freelance writer and a family food enthusiast. She blogs food, fun and frugality of her family of five at Frills in the Hills.
- Course - Lunchbox