Photo: Steven Siewert
- 100g medium grain rice
- 1 cup water
- 150ml pouring cream
- 125ml coconut cream
- 80g castor sugar
- 2 ripe mangoes, flesh removed
- 1 punnet strawberries, hulled and chopped
- 40g pistachio nuts, toasted and chopped
Combine rice and water in a small saucepan and bring to the boil. Reduce heat, stir and cook, covered, for 12 minutes. Cool.
Beat creams and sugar in a bowl until soft peaks form.
Fold rice into cream mixture and stir well. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
Puree mango flesh in a food processor or blender until smooth.
To serve, divide rice mixture among four to six serving glasses, depending on capacity, and top with mango puree, strawberries and pistachio nuts.
- Main Ingredients - Mango, Berries, Rice
- Course - Dessert
- Occasion - Family meals, Dinner Party