Photo: Mark Chew
- 8 organic chicken legs, skin on
- 120ml pure Canadian maple syrup
- 80ml honey
- 1 tbs rose water
- 1 tbs lemon thyme, freshly chopped
- 1 tsp cardamom, freshly ground
- 1 tsp black pepper, freshly ground
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground anise
- roughly chopped almonds to garnish
- extra lemon thyme to serve
Mix marinade ingredients together and rub over chicken. Cover and place in fridge to marinate for at least 2 hours, preferably overnight.
Grill chicken legs on a hot barbecue until cooked, brown and crispy.
Serve warm or cold, sprinkled with roughly chopped almonds and lemon thyme leaves.
- Main Ingredients - Chicken
- Course - Finger-food