- 1¾ cups self-raising flour
- 125 g unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup caster sugar
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup marmalade
- 1/4 cup plain yoghurt
- 1/2 cup soft brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1/2 cup plain flour
- 1/2 cup desiccated coconut
- 90 g unsalted butter
1. Preheat oven to moderate 180°C. Brush a 20 cm ring tin with melted butter or oil. Line base with paper; grease paper. Sift flour into large bowl. Make a well in the centre.
2. Melt the butter and sugar in a small pan over low heat, stirring until the sugar has dissolved; remove from heat. Combine eggs, marmalade and yoghurt in a small mixing bowl, whisk until combined.
3. Add the butter and egg mixtures to flour. Using a wooden spoon, stir until combined; do not overbeat. Spoon mixture into prepared tin; smooth surface.
4. To make Coconut Crumble: Combine the sugar, flour and coconut in a medium mixing bowl; add butter. Using fingertips, rub butter into mixture until well combined. Sprinkle over cake batter in tin.
5. Bake 40 minutes or until skewer comes out clean when inserted in centre of cake. Leave cake in tin 5 minutes before turning onto wire rack to cool. Serve warm or cold, with whipped cream or vanilla ice-cream.
- Course - Dessert
- Occasion - Morning/Afternoon Tea, Birthday