Photo: Jennifer Soo
- 200ml extra virgin olive oil
- 2 medium brown onions, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 cup small green lentils
- 3 cups water
- 1 large eggplant, sliced
- 10 asparagus spears, stalks snapped off and cut in half
- 2 red capsicum, cut into 2cm-wide strips
- 2 red onions, cut into wedges
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 1 cup parsley leaves
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
Place olive oil, brown onion, garlic and bay leaves in a medium saucepan and cook gently until onions are soft, about 15 minutes. Add lentils and water and simmer until lentils are just soft. Add more water if needed but only a little at a time so lentils don't become too sloppy.
Preheat a grill or barbecue. Place eggplant, asparagus, capsicum and red onion in a bowl, drizzle with a little olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill on each side until just cooked.
Return to bowl and toss with parsley and vinegar. Spoon lentils on to a platter and top with grilled vegetables before serving.
- Main Ingredients - Lentils, Eggplant
- Cuisine - Greek
- Occasion - Barbecue