- 1 large red salad onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 red capsicum, seeded and diced
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons crushed garlic
- 1-2 teaspoons chopped Jalapeno or other hot chilli
- 1/3 cup Tequila or orange juice
- 1 x 440g can crushed tomatoes
- 1/2-3/4 cup chopped coriander
- 1 1/4 tablespoons fresh oregano (or 1 1/2 teaspoons dried)
- 400g spaghetti or short pasta (shells, bows, penne, spirals)
- 2 avocados, diced
- 1 cup (125g) crumbled feta cheese
In a medium saucepan sauté the onion and capsicum in olive oil until soft, about 5 minutes.
Stir in garlic and Jalapeno or other chilli and sauté briefly.
Add the tequila or orange juice and bring to the boil. Simmer for 1 minute.
Stir in tomatoes, coriander, oregano, salt and pepper and simmer, covered, for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
While sauce simmers, bring a large pan of salted water to the boil and cook the pasta for about 12 minutes, until al dente.
Drain and toss through the tomato sauce.
Serve into warmed pasta bowls and top with the diced avocado and crumbled feta.
Garnish each bowl with a lime wedge, and serve.
- Main Ingredients - Pasta
- Course - Lunch