- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1.5 kg chicken pieces (thigh cutlets, wings, drumsticks)
- 1 tablespoon oil, extra
- 2 onions, sliced
- 2 stalks celery, sliced
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tablespoons plain flour
- 1½ cups chicken stock
- 2 green apples, peeled, cubed
- ½ cup sultanas
1. Heat oil in pan, cook chicken in batches until well browned; drain on paper towel.
2. Heat extra oil in same pan, cook onion and celery until soft. Add curry powder, garlic and flour; stir over heat until mixture becomes dry and grainy. Remove from heat.
3. Add stock gradually, stirring until mixture is smooth. Return pan to heat, stir until sauce boils and thickens. Add chicken, cover and simmer over low heat, stirring occasionally, for 20 minutes.
4. Add apple and sultanas, simmer over low heat 15 minutes, or until chicken is tender.
- Main Ingredients - Chicken
- Course - Dinner
- Occasion - Family meals, Midweek dinner