Photo: Domino Postiglione
- 4 small to medium new-season apples
- 500ml un-homogenised, organic or biodynamic milk
- 2 eggs
- 50g plain flour, sifted through a fine sieve
- Grated rind of 1 lemon
- Small pinch ground cardamom
- 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
- Pinch salt
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 8 tsp castor sugar
Preheat oven to 170 degrees. Peel apples, core and cut into 5mm-thick wedges. Set aside. In a bowl, whisk together milk, eggs, sifted flour, lemon rind, cardamom, vanilla essence and salt until smooth. Any lumps of flour need to be completely dissolved.
Thoroughly grease eight individual tart moulds with olive oil and ladle about 80ml mixture into each. Carefully arrange apple wedges on liquid. Don't worry if they float or sink; it won't affect the final dish. Sprinkle 1 tsp castor sugar evenly over the surface of each pudding.
Place on trays and bake in oven for about 20 minutes until just set. Remove and let cool before serving.
Wine: Auslese riesling
- Main Ingredients - Apple, Cream/Milk
- Course - Dessert