- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 teaspoons ground cumin
- 3 teaspoons ground coriander
- 3 teaspoons sweet paprika
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1.5 kg easy-carve leg of lamb
- 1 ⅓ cups (245 g) couscous
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
1. Preheat the oven to moderate 180°C (350°F/Gas 4). Combine the oil, spices and 2 cloves crushed garlic to form a smooth paste. Season with salt and pepper. Rub a thick coating of the paste all over the lamb. Place on a rack in a roasting tin and roast for 1 hour 15 minutes, basting two or three times. Turn off the heat, leave the oven door ajar and allow to rest for 10 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, place the couscous in a heatproof bowl with 2 cups (500 ml) boiling water. Stir in the mint, the remaining garlic and ½ teaspoon salt. Cover and leave for 5 minutes, or until all the water has been absorbed, then gently fluff with a fork.
3. To serve, carve the lamb into thick slices and place on a bed of couscous. Pour the pan juices into a small jug and serve with the lamb. Garnish with fresh mint leaves, if desired.
- Main Ingredients - Lamb
- Cuisine - Moroccan
- Course - Dinner