- 1 kg chicken pieces
- 2 tablespoons plain flour
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 60 g butter
- 6 whole cloves
- 12 black peppercorns
- 1 large apple, peeled and chopped
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 cup fresh cream
- boiled rice and chutney, to serve
1. Trim chicken of excess fat and sinew. Combine flour, curry powder, turmeric and ginger; rub into chicken.
2. Heat butter in a large pan and cook chicken on all sides until lightly browned. Tie cloves and peppercorns in small piece of muslin, add to pan with stock. Bring to boil, reduce heat slightly and simmer, covered, for 1 hour.
3. Remove chicken from pan and discard muslin bag. Remove skin from chicken, finely chop flesh. Skim fat from soup.
4. Return chicken meat to pan. Stir in lemon juice and cream; heat through gently. Serve with hot boiled rice and chutney, offered separately.
- Main Ingredients - Chicken
- Course - Main-course
- Occasion - Family meals, Father's Day