Photo: Marina Oliphant
- 5 red and green chillies1 clove garlic
- 1 small knob ginger
- 5 coriander root and stem
- 100g palm sugar (if unavailable use brown sugar)
- 3 tbsp fish sauce
- Juice of 2-3 limes or lemons
- 600g beef (eye fillet, porterhouse or rump)
- 1/2 pkt rice vermicelli noodles
- Fresh herbs (mint, coriander and/or Vietnamese mint)
For the dressing
Roughly chop the chillies, garlic and ginger. Add the coriander. Use a mortar and pestle or blender and crush until you have a rough paste. (Alternatively, chop all as finely as possible.) Add sugar in small amounts until dissolved. Add fish sauce and lime juice to taste.
For the salad
Grill, fry or barbecue beef to your liking, season with salt and rest before cutting
into thin slices.
Soak noodles in warm water until soft, drain and toss together with the beef, herbs and dressing.
- Main Ingredients - Beef
- Cuisine - Thai