'Nduja with buffalo ricotta, cannellini beans and peppers
A combination of simple, perfect ingredients on a plate from the Mozzarella Bar in the city.
Photo: Jennifer Soo
Have your say
- 100g dried cannellini beans
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 fresh bay leaf
- 1 tbsp dried currants
- 4 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 red capsicum, roasted, deseeded, peeled and finely sliced
- 1/2 yellow capsicum, roasted, deseeded, peeled and finely sliced
- 1/4 bunch parsley, chopped
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, plus extra
- sea salt and pepper
- 150g 'Nduja (spicy Calabrian sausage)
- 200g buffalo ricotta
- zest of 1/2 lemon
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- chargrilled bread, to serve
Soak beans in cold water overnight, then drain. Cover with cold water, add garlic and bay leaf, and simmer until tender. Drain and cool to room temperature. Soak currants in warm water and 2 tbsp red wine vinegar for 10 minutes, then drain.
In a bowl, combine beans, currants, red onion, capsicums, parsley, 2 tbsp olive oil, remaining vinegar, salt and pepper. Place bean mix alongside 'Nduja and buffalo ricotta on a platter. Top ricotta with lemon zest, dried oregano and an extra drizzle of olive oil, and serve with chargrilled bread.