Summer sweets: Nectarine and hazelnut frangipane tarts. Photo: Marina Oliphant
- 100g unsalted butter, softened
- 100g castor sugar
- 100g ground hazelnut meal (or almond meal)
- 1 egg plus 1 yolk
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 2 ready-rolled sheets frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 6 ripe nectarines, cut into thick wedges
- Orange marmalade to glaze (optional)
To make frangipane cream, place butter, sugar and hazelnut meal in a food processor and blend well. Add one egg and vanilla extract and process until well mixed. Set aside.
Preheat oven to 200C. Cut each pastry sheet into three equal lengths. Place on two lined baking trays. Score a one-centimetre border around the edge with a sharp knife. Brush with egg yolk to glaze.
Place spoonfuls of frangipane cream on to the centre of the pastry and spread to the inside edge of the border, about five millimetres thick. Place nectarine slices on top.
Bake in oven for 10 minutes, then reduce heat to 180C and bake for a further 15 minutes or until golden brown and puffed around the edges.
Remove tarts from oven and cool on wire racks. Place some marmalade in a microwave-safe bowl and heat on medium power for 20 seconds to warm. Glaze the tarts with warmed marmalade, if desired.
- Main Ingredients - Nuts, Stonefruit
- Course - Dessert
- Occasion - Family meals, Afternoon Tea