- 15 g (½ oz/½ cup) puffed rice
- 50 g (1¾ oz/½ cup) rolled (porridge) oats
- 1 tablespoon finely ground espresso coffee beans
- 25 g (1 oz/¼ cup) ground almonds
- 60 g (2¼ oz/½ cup) chopped hazelnuts, toasted
- 70 g (2½ oz/½ cup) pepitas (pumpkin seeds), toasted
- 90 g (3¼ oz/½ cup) finely chopped dried apricots or pears
- 60 g (2¼ oz/½ cup)\ LSA mixture (ground linseeds [flaxseeds], sesame seeds and almonds)
- 45 g (1¾ oz/½ cup) desiccated coconut
- 115 g (4 oz/⅓ cup) honey
- 80 ml (2½ fl oz/⅓ cup) glucose syrup
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 100 g (3½ oz) dark chocolate, melted (optional)
1. Line a 20 cm (8 inch) square cake tin with baking paper, extending the paper over two opposite sides for easy removal later.
2. Place the puffed rice, oats, ground coffee, ground almonds, hazelnuts, pepitas, dried fruit, LSA and coconut in a large bowl and mix well. Warm the honey and glucose in a small saucepan over low heat, then pour over the dry ingredients and stir until firm but slightly sticky, adding extra LSA if the mixture is too soft and moist. Spoon the mixture into the prepared tin and smooth the surface, pressing down firmly with the back of a spoon or slightly wet hands. Sprinkle on the sesame seeds, cover with plastic wrap, then place another 20 cm (8 inch) square cake tinon top and weigh down with tinned food. Refrigerate for 3–4 hours, or until firm.
3. Remove from the tin and cut into 4 cm (1½ inch) squares. Drizzle the chocolate, if desired, over thesquares and allow to set. Wrap the individual squares in baking paper and keep refrigerated until required.
4. These bars will keep, stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator, for up to 5 days.
- Main Ingredients - Chocolate
- Course - Dessert, Snacks, Starter/Entree
- Occasion - Birthday