Oarsome prawn salad with green goddess dressing
You can't beat a plate of fresh, pink prawns for lunch, especially teamed with a gorgeous green goddess dressing inspired by sunny California.
Photo: Marina Oliphant
Have your say
- 6 chat potatoes
- 2 avocados (half of one is for the dressing)
- 16-20 cooked king prawns, peeled, tails left on
- 100g rocket leaves, washed
- 3 small pink radishes, finely sliced
- Small red onion, finely sliced
- 2 tbsp small basil leaves
- Extra-virgin olive oil for serving
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
- For the green goddess dressing:
- Half avocado, chopped
- 3 tbsp basil leaves
- 3 tbsp parsley leaves
- 1 tbsp chopped chives
- 3 tbsp mayonnaise
- 3 tbsp low-fat yoghurt
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
Cook the potatoes in simmering salted water until tender, about 15 minutes, remove, drain, cool and cut in half or slice.
Whiz the ingredients for the green goddess dressing in a blender until smooth and almost fluffy - whiz again with a dash of water if too thick. Refrigerate until use.
To serve, slice the remaining 1½? avocados longways. Toss the rocket in 1 tbsp olive oil and scatter over each dinner plate. Arrange prawns, potatoes, avocado and radish on top. Drizzle with green goddess dressing and top with red onion, basil leaves and a swirl of extra-virgin olive oil. Serve with lemon wedges.