Photo: Kristy Komadina
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup plain white or wholemeal flour
- 1 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1/2 cup moist shredded coconut
- 1 cup sultanas or other dried fruit
- 1/2 tsp bicarbonate soda
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup neutral flavoured oil (such as rice bran or canola oil)
- 1 cup grated carrot (about 4 medium carrots)
- 1 cup grated apple (about 2 small apples)
- 1/2 cup plain yoghurt
- 1/2 cup icing sugar
Preheat an oven to 170°C. Line a 20cm x 30cm baking sheet with baking paper.
Place the oats, flour, brown sugar, coconut, sultanas, bicarbonate soda, nutmeg and cinnamon into a large mixing bowl and stir together with a wooden spoon until completely combined.
In a small jug, whisk together the eggs and oil until emulsified.
Combine the egg and oil with the dry mixture along with the grated carrot and grated apple. Stir to combine.
Pour the mixture into the prepared baking sheet, flattening the top with a spatula. Bake for 30 minutes.
Remove from the oven to cool.
Meanwhile make the glaze by combining 1/2 cup plain yoghurt with 1/2 cup icing sugar. Drizzle all over the top of the cooled slice.
Slice into bar shapes and serve.
Kristy is a mother of three who loves feeding her family wholesome, nutritious and above all delicious food. She has her own food blog called The Life She Made where she posts family style recipes and talks about life as a stay at home mother.
- Course - Lunchbox