Photo: Marina Oliphant
- 2 large octopuses each 500g
- 1/4 cup of extra virgin olive oil
- 4 sliced garlic cloves
- 1 tsp of well-washed salted capers
- 10 roughly chopped olives
- 4 anchovy fillets
- 3 ripe, roughly chopped tomatoes
- 1 cup of chopped parsley
For 5-6 people, choose 2 large octopuses, each about 500g. Have your fishmonger clean the innards from the head.
Heat 1/4 cup of extra virgin olive oil in a big pan and add 4 sliced garlic cloves, a teaspoon of well-washed salted capers, 10 roughly chopped olives and 4 anchovy fillets. Stir for a minute. Add the octopus and a pinch of salt. Mix well, lower the heat, add 3 ripe, roughly chopped tomatoes and a cup of chopped parsley. Cover tightly and cook very slowly for an hour till the octopus is tender.
Serve with boiled potatoes.
- Main Ingredients - Squid/Octopus
- Cuisine - Italian
- Course - Main-course