- 3 ripe tomatoes, peeled and roughly chopped
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons shredded fresh basil
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- ¼ teaspoon white pepper
- 1 tablespoon water
- light olive oil
1. To make Tomato Sauce: Cook the tomatoes in a small pan with salt, pepper and sugar for 5 minutes or until the liquid has reduced and thickened. Add the basil.
2. Using a wire whisk, beat the eggs in a medium mixing bowl with the soy sauce, pepper and water.
3. Heat a lightly oiled small frying pan. Pour in sufficient egg mixture to cover the base. Cook for a few seconds and then tip onto a plate. Brush the pan with more oil and repeat the process to make 3 thin omelettes.
4. Place the omelettes on top of each other and roll into a cylinder shape. Using a sharp knife, cut into fine strips.
5. Reheat the sauce. Add the egg strips and warm gently, stirring until covered with tomato. If desired, serve with extra fresh shredded basil and cracked pepper.
- Main Ingredients - Eggs, Tomato
- Course - Lunch
- Occasion - Midweek dinner