- 2 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 kg (2 lb 4 oz) orange sweet potatoes
- 200 g (7 oz/heaped 3/4 cup) mayonnaise
- 60 ml (2 fl oz/1/4 cup) lime juice
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 heaped tablespoon roughly chopped coriander (cilantro)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C (400°F/Gas 6). Pour the olive oil into a large roasting tin and heat in the oven for 5 minutes.
2. Peel the sweet potatoes and cut into wedges about 6 cm (2 1/2 inches) long. Add them to the roasting tin, season with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper and toss to coat. Spread them out in the tin in a single layer and bake for 35 minutes, turning occasionally.
3. Meanwhile, put the mayonnaise, lime juice, honey, coriander and cumin in a food processor and blend until smooth.
4. Drain the sweet potato wedges on paper towels and serve hot, with the tangy cumin mayonnaise on the side.
- Cuisine - British
- Course - Side Dish
- Occasion - Family meals, Children's Party, Barbecue