Orecchiette with cherry tomatoes, basil and pine nuts. Photo: Marina Oliphant
- 400g orecchiette pasta
- 40g butter
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and finely chopped
- 3 punnets cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves, roughly torn
- 320g jar marinated goat's feta (can be substituted with fresh ricotta)
- ½ cup toasted pine nuts
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to season
Bring large saucepan of lightly salted water to the boil and cook pasta for 10-12 minutes until al dente.
While pasta is cooking, melt butter in a pan and cook garlic for a few minutes until golden. Add tomatoes and cook for five minutes until they start to soften and break up.
Add cooked pasta to pan. Scatter over basil, crumbled feta and pine nuts and toss to combine.
Season with extra black pepper. Serve immediately.
- Main Ingredients - Tomato, Pasta
- Cuisine - Italian
- Course - Main-course, Lunch, Dinner
- Occasion - Midweek dinner, Family meals