Orecchiette with cherry tomatoes, basil and pine nuts
Enjoy the many varieties of sweet, small tomatoes, chopped into a rough and ready sauce.
Photo: Marina Oliphant
Have your say
- 400g orecchiette pasta
- 40g butter
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and finely chopped
- 3 punnets cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves, roughly torn
- 320g jar marinated goat's feta (can be substituted with fresh ricotta)
- 1/2 cup toasted pine nuts
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to season
Bring large saucepan of lightly salted water to the boil and cook pasta for 10-12 minutes until al dente.
While pasta is cooking, melt butter in a pan and cook garlic for a few minutes until golden. Add tomatoes and cook for five minutes until they start to soften and break up.
Add cooked pasta to pan. Scatter over basil, crumbled fetta and pine nuts and toss to combine.
Season with extra black pepper. Serve immediately.