Pan-braised mulloway fillets
Mulloway - Whatever you call it, this fish is top-notch.
Have your say
- 80ml extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 650g ripe tomatoes, peeled, seeded and chopped
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup finely chopped parsley
- 6 mulloway fillets, skin left on or removed if preferred
Heat olive oil in a pan wide enough to hold all the fillets with plenty of room around them. When it is hot (but not smoking), add garlic and turn down to a low flame immediately. Stir garlic, cooking until it is just golden. Add chopped tomatoes, a couple of pinches of salt and two or three turns of pepper.
Stir and simmer for five minutes. Add half the parsley and simmer another 10 minutes. Arrange mulloway fillets evenly in the sauce and spoon some sauce over them. Simmer for six to eight minutes until fish is just cooked. Transfer fillets to serving plates. Add remaining parsley to sauce and season a little more with salt and pepper if necessary. Serve sauce with fish.