Photo: Jennifer Soo
- 4 pieces beef fillet, about 150g each, 2cm thick
- 250g oyster mushrooms
- 4 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 eschalots, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely sliced
- 125ml dry white wine
- 4 canned peeled tomatoes, drained and chopped
- 4 tbsp parsley, finely chopped
- 3 tbsp fresh peppercorns (or 1 tsp fresh cracked pepper)
Take beef fillet from fridge and let it come to room temperature. Trim hard stems of oyster mushrooms and cut into bite-size pieces. Heat 3 tbsp olive oil in a braising pan and lightly fry eschalots and garlic until softened. Turn up heat and add mushrooms and keep frying and stirring until soft (about 90 seconds). Add wine and keep fl ame high until liquid is almost gone. Add chopped tomatoes and a couple of good pinches of salt, then turn down to a simmer.
Keep simmering for 5 minutes, then add parsley and pepper. Stir, simmer for another 2 to 3 minutes and turn off heat. Season beef on both sides with a little salt and peppercorns or cracked pepper. Heat remaining olive oil in a wide pan. When it begins to smoke, add beef and fry on each side for 30 seconds.
Remove pan from heat and rest meat for two to three minutes. Serve beef with braised oyster mushrooms.
- Main Ingredients - Beef
- Course - Main-course