Photo: Quentin Jones
- 16 small brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
- 180g spicy chorizo sausage, sliced
- 1 1/2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3/4 cup coarse sourdough breadcrumbs
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 4 sprigs flat-leaf parsley, leaves torn
Cook brussels sprouts in lightly salted boiling water for three minutes. Drain and refresh under coldwater, then drain again.
Cook chorizo in a small non-stick pan over medium heat until crisp, then set aside on paper towel. Add one tablespoon of oil to the pan and cook breadcrumbs and garlic over medium heat, tossing frequently until golden, then remove frompan. Add remaining oil, brussels sprouts and chorizo and toss over medium heat until heated through. Serve sprouts topped with garlic crumbs and parsley.