- 250 g (8 oz) macaroni
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, sliced
- 125 g (4 oz) pancetta, chopped
- 125 g (4 oz) ham, chopped
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup (250 ml/8 fl oz) milk
- 1 cup (250 ml/8 fl oz) cream
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh chives
- 1 cup (125 g/4 oz) grated Cheddar cheese
- 125 g (4 oz) bocconcini (approximately 4), chopped
1. Preheat the oven to moderate 180°C (350°F/Gas 4). Cook the macaroni in a large pan of rapidly boiling salted water until al dente. Drain. Spread evenly over the base of a 5 cm (2 inch) deep casserole dish.
2. Heat the oil in a large pan, add the onion and stir over low heat until just tender. Stir in the pancetta and cook for 2 minutes. Add the ham to the mixture and stir well. Remove from the heat and allow to cool.
3. in a bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, cream, chives and salt and pepper, to taste. Mix in the Cheddar cheese, bocconcini and pancetta mixture, stirring thoroughly. Spread evenly over the top of the macaroni. Bake for 35-40 minutes, or until the mixture is set.
- Main Ingredients - Pasta
- Cuisine - Italian
- Course - Main-course
- Occasion - Family meals