- 150 g (5 oz) rissoni
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 3 rindless bacon rashers, finely chopped
- 1 cup (150 g/5 oz) freshly grated mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup (50 g/1 3/4 oz) freshly grated parmesan
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 4 large red peppers (capsicums), halved lengthways, seeds removed
- 425 g (14 oz) can crushed tomatoes
- 1/2 cup (125 ml/4 fl oz) dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste (tomato purée, double concentrate)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground oregano
- 2 tablespoons shredded fresh basil
1. Cook the rissoni in a large pan of boiling salted water until al dente. Drain.
2. Preheat the oven to moderate 180°C (350°F/Gas 4). Lightly oil a large shallow ovenproof dish.
3. Heat the oil in a pan. Add the onion and garlic and stir over low heat until the onion is tender. Add the bacon and stir until crisp. Transfer to a large bowl and combine with the rissoni, cheeses and parsley. Spoon the mixture into the pepper halves and arrange in the dish.
4. In a bowl, combine the tomato, wine, tomato paste, oregano and salt and pepper, to taste. Spoon over the rissoni mixture. Sprinkle with basil. Bake for 35-40 minutes.
- Main Ingredients - Pasta
- Course - Main-course
- Occasion - Family meals