Photo: Journey ... Tobie Puttock has a genuine love of Italian food.
- 500g fresh peas, shelled
- 1 small red onion, sliced finely
- 1-2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp white-wine vinegar or white balsamic vinegar
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 16 mint leaves
- 10 green or purple basil leaves
- 80g salted ricotta, grated roughly
Blanch the peas in boiling salted water for a couple of minutes, then drain and refresh in iced water. Remove the cold peas from the water and place in a large bowl. Add the onion, olive oil and vinegar — you should just be able to taste the vinegar but it shouldn't be too strong. Season with salt and pepper. Toss through the mint, basil and ricotta and serve immediately.
- Cuisine - Italian