Nut lovers: Peanut butter and chocolate cookies. Photo: Marcel Aucar
150g castor sugar
175g brown sugar
80g unsalted butter
250g crunchy peanut butter
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 eggs (60g each)
150g plain flour
1 tsp salt flakes
1 tsp bicarb soda
125g rolled oats, half finely processed, half left whole
60 good quality dark chocolate buttons
1. Beat the castor sugar, brown sugar, butter, peanut butter, vanilla and eggs until creamy. Beat in the flour, salt and bicarb until amalgamated. Fold in the oats and chill for 20 minutes.
2. Preheat your oven to 150C fan-forced or 170C conventional.
3. Once the mix has chilled, pick off golf ball-sized balls (40 to 50 grams), push two chocolate buttons into the top of each and place on a lined baking tray (making sure to space them out, as they will spread into flat rounds) and bake for about 20 minutes or until aromatic and coloured on top - they will be soft when warm but will firm up once cooled. Leave to cool on the tray for five minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool. Store in an airtight container.
- Main Ingredients - Nuts, Chocolate
- Course - Snacks
- Occasion - Afternoon Tea, Morning Tea, Picnic