Photo: Marina Oliphant
- half a pineapple, thinly sliced
- 10 lychees, peeled
- 1 mango, peeled and cut into pieces
- 2 tbsp toasted almond or coconut flakes
- 120g dark palm sugar
- 2 tbsp water
- 4 kaffir lime leaves*
- 1/2 cup coconut cream
- *lime leaves can be found in Asian supermarkets - either fresh or frozen
Make a salad from the fruit. Arrange on individual plates and sprinkle over the almond or coconut flakes.
Grate or chop the palm sugar into a saucepan and set over a medium heat with the water and lime leaves. Cook, stirring, until dissolved (you may need to crush any lumps), then add the coconut cream and bubble away for about 5 minutes until slightly thickened. Cool and drizzle over fruit salad.
This syrup can be made and kept in the fridge for a few days and brought back to room temperature before serving. If it becomes too thick, just warm with a touch of water or more coconut cream.
- Cuisine - Modern Australian
- Course - Dessert