Photo: Natalie Boog
- 1 large pomelo, segmented and pith removed
- 1 1/2 cups crab meat
- 2 red shallots, finely sliced
- 1/2 stick lemongrass, very finely sliced
- 1 kaffir lime leaf, very finely shredded
- 1/2 cup coriander leaves
- 1/2 cup mint leaves
- 1 tbsp crisp fried shallots
- For the dressing
- 2 tsp palm sugar
- 2 1/2 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 clove garlic, very finely chopped
- 1 small red chilli, very finely chopped
Crisp fried shallots are available at Asian food stores. Fresh or frozen crab meat is available at quality seafood stores.
Cut pomelo segments in half if very large and place in a large bowl with crab meat. Add shallots, lemongrass and kaffir lime leaf and stir to combine.For the dressing Combine all ingredients in a small bowl and stir well.
Spoon dressing over pomelo mixture, add coriander and mint leaves and toss gently.
Serve topped with crisp fried shallots.
- Main Ingredients - Shellfish
- Cuisine - Thai