Potato and garlic soup with prawns
This is a beautiful entree for an autumn dinner party and also works well as a canape served in a shot glass or small coffee cup.
Photo: Jennifer Soo
Have your say
- 100g butter
- 1 medium brown onion, chopped
- 1 leek, washed and chopped
- 3 celery sticks, chopped
- 1 cup garlic, peeled and chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 medium potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 lt chicken stock or vegetable stock or water
- 8 large prawns, cooked and peeled
- 1 tbsp chopped chives
Melt butter in a saucepan. Add onion, leek, celery, garlic and bay leaf and cook gently, without colouring, until soft, about 20 minutes. Discard bay leaf, season and add potato and stock. Simmer until potato is soft. Blend until smooth and pass through a course strainer. Serve topped with two prawns and a sprinkling of chives.