- 1 kg (2 lb 4 oz) ripe tomatoes
- 60 ml (2 fl oz/1/4 cup) olive oil
- 2 onions, sliced
- 2 garliccloves, crushed
- 400 g (14 oz) zucchini (courgettes), thickly sliced
- 400 g (14 oz) small waxy potatoes, such as pontiac or desiree, left unpeeled and cut into 1 cm (1/2 inch) slices
- 1 large red capsicum (pepper), cut into squares
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons chopped flat-leaf (Italian) parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped dill
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F/Gas 4). Score a cross in the base of each tomato. Place in a heatproof bowl and cover with boiling water. Leave for 30 seconds, then plunge into cold water and peel the skin away from the cross. Scoop out the seeds with a teaspoon, roughly chop the flesh and place in a large bowl.
2. Heat 2 tablespoons of the olive oil in a frying pan. Sauté the onion over medium heat for 10 minutes, then add the garlic and cook for a further 2 minutes. Add to the tomato with all the other ingredients. Season generously and mix well.
3. Transfer to a large baking dish and drizzle with the remaining oil. Cover and bake for 1-1½ hours, or until the vegetables are tender, stirring every 30 minutes. Serve hot.
- Main Ingredients - Zucchini, Potato
- Cuisine - Modern Australian
- Course - Side Dish
- Occasion - Family meals