Best of two worlds: Potato chip tortilla with chermoula. Photo: Marcel Aucar
6 large (70g) free-range eggs
185g packet quality plain salted potato chips
1 tbsp olive oil
1/2 recipe chermoula (recipe here)
1. In a large bowl, whisk the eggs and cream until combined.
2. Add the potato chips and gently stir through. Leave to sit for five minutes or so, mixing every now and then.
3. Once the chips have softened, heat a small non-stick frying pan over medium heat, add the oil and pour in the tortilla mix. Stir the mix through quickly, then flatten out and cook for two to three minutes, loosening the sides with a spatula as it sets.
4. Take off the heat and lay a plate over the tortilla. Turn the pan over while holding the plate and carefully remove the pan. The tortilla will be on the plate with the cooked side facing up.
5. Pour most of the chermoula into the pan so that it coats it evenly. Slide the tortilla off the plate and back into the pan. Cook for another couple of minutes, then again turn out on to a plate. Spoon over the rest of the chermoula and allow to sit for five minutes before serving.
- Main Ingredients - Eggs, Cream/Milk
- Cuisine - Spanish
- Course - Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner
- Occasion - Midweek dinner, Kids' cooking