Potato rosti, ham and sorrel sauce. Photo: Jennifer Soo
- 4 medium desiree potatoes, peeled and coarsely grated
- vegetable oil
- ½ medium brown onion, sliced
- 3 thyme sprigs
- 6 parsley stalks
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and squashed
- 200ml white wine
- 200ml cream
- 2 cups picked sorrel leaves (or use spinach instead)
- 50g butter
- 4 thick ham slices
Squeeze excess moisture out of potatoes with your hands and season. Heat a little vegetable oil in a non-stick frying pan. Place metal rings in pan and fill with potato, pressing down firmly. Cook on a medium-to-low heat for 10 minutes, remove ring and turn over. Cook for a further 10 minutes or until both sides are golden brown.
Place onion, thyme, parsley, garlic and wine in a saucepan and reduce wine to a syrup. Add cream and simmer for five minutes. Strain and place in a clean saucepan.
Cook sorrel in butter and drain on paper towel. Add to cream sauce, season and warm through. Place rosti and ham on plates and spoon over sorrel sauce.
- Main Ingredients - Pork, Potato
- Cuisine - British
- Course - Breakfast/Brunch