- 7 g sachet dried yeast
- ½ teaspoon caster sugar
- 2 cups (250 g) plain flour
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh basil
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 24 cooked medium prawns, peeled and deveined
- ¼ cup (60 g) ready-made pesto
- 24 small fresh basil leaves
- 24 pine nuts
1. Combine the yeast, sugar and ¾ cup (185 ml) warm water, cover and leave for 10 minutes, or until frothy. If it hasn't foamed after 10 minutes, discard and start again.
2. Sift the flour and ½ teaspoon salt and make a well. Add the yeast mixture and the oil. Mix with a flat-bladed knife, using a cutting action, until a dough forms. Turn onto a floured surface and knead for 10 minutes, or until smooth. Transfer to an oiled bowl, cover with plastic wrap and leave for 45 minutes, or until doubled in size. Meanwhile, combine the oil, basil, garlic and prawns in a non-metallic bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
3. Preheat the oven to very hot 230°C (450°F/Gas 8). Punch down the dough, then knead for 8 minutes, or until elastic. Divide into 24 balls and roll each ball into a circle 4 mm thick and 4.5 cm in diameter. Prick the surfaces with a fork and brush with oil.
4. Place the bases on a lightly greased baking tray. Spread ½ teaspoon of pesto over each base, leaving a narrow border. Put a prawn, basil leaf and pine nut on each pizza and bake for 8–10 minutes.
- Main Ingredients - Shellfish, Nuts
- Cuisine - Italian
- Course - Starter/Entree, Finger-food, Snacks, Lunch
- Occasion - Family meals, Midweek dinner