Prawn, garlic and chilli bucatini
A fast and tasty summer pasta dish.
Photo: Peter Rae
Have your say
- 400g bucatini or spaghetti
- extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large, peeled, chopped red onion
- 4 peeled, finely chopped cloves of garlic
- 2 finely chopped long red chillies
- 16 large green (raw) king prawns
- a handful of coarsely chopped flat-leaf parsley
Cook pasta in plenty of lightly salted boiling water for about 8 minutes or until al dente. Drain.
Meanwhile, heat 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil in a large saucepan and cook onion over low heat for 3-4 minutes or until soft. Add garlic and chilli and stir for 2 minutes.
Peel and devein 16 large green (raw) king prawns and add to onion mixture. Cook prawns 2-3 minutes on each side or until just coloured. Remove from heat. Add drained pasta to prawn mixture. Add a handful of coarsely chopped flat-leaf parsley and season with salt flakes and cracked black pepper and stir.
To serve, divide between four warm pasta bowls and drizzle with a little extra virgin olive oil.